Aaron's lens



I have never been good with my hands. I struggled with finger painting in kindergarten, recorder classes in 2nd grade, and my drawings would rarely make it onto the fridge when I brought them home. In third grade, I was one of four kids in my class that needed special writing lessons with a separate writing teacher; although it did mean I missed math class once a week. Anyway, I led with such a weakness because I found myself interested in photography due to no longer having to rely on my hands to express my thoughts and creativity(besides the click of a button). Instead, it was fully up to my brain and unique view of my surroundings to turn the world I see in front of me into images that could rival the intrigue that other forms of art can create.  



A small island in the Lake District, United Kingdom



Since beginning to seriously develop my own style of photography, I often find myself using mundane color pallets in editing, unadventurous framing, and mechanical depths of the field. However, when I do live up to my own expectations, I believe that my photography can be used the same way McLuhan describes language in his book The Medium is the Massage. He writes "Words and the meaning of words predispose the child to think and act automatically in certain ways (8)." Similarly, I believe that photography, when done right, can not only convey a certain message to the observer but force it upon them. For example, imagine in your head a photo of grief. Or a photo of joy, or awe. If you saw the image in your head right in front of you instead of in your imagination, that feeling that inspired its construction would be forced into your thoughts, there would be no other interpretation of that image besides that of a single emotion, thought, or idea. That is my goal when it comes to photography. I want to skip language, and other affect communication in order to tell you what I felt when I captured this image. I want you to see what I saw and know exactly what it was like to be there with me(Also I know there is irony in saying that and still captioning my photos, I don't care).



Kobe Bryant after winning an NBA championship.
Triumph, Joy, Importance

Unknown teens tossing Yu-Gi-Oh cards into the air
Childlike, Careless, Nostalgic, fun













Comments

  1. I really like how you showed examples of the time of art you liked and the art you also present. The images show movement, motion, and emotion within the subjects. I can't wait to see what else you put out! I love your blog so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still really in love with your photo of the lake in Britain. I love how you have a story to go with your photo. Your photo inspired me for a recent photoshoot

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Short film

How I learned to take pictures