through the walls

 Throughout the week, I split my intent in my photography in half. At first, I didn't have a theme or idea as to how my photos would be connected, so I instead carried my camera waiting for a good composition. After time passed throughout the week though, I found a common thread through some of my favorites I had taken so far; there was a sense of indirectness between the subjects and my camera. Whether I chose to use a prominent foreground, or in many cases the subject's face isn't visible, I ended up dedicating the rest of the week to the style of "indirectness."

https://www.instagram.com/aaron.lindeman.photography/

The other half of my photos were more of a copout than anything. Their photos of the moon are reflected in a fountain, and while they stay with the theme of shooting a subject indirectly, the reason I have ten of them is purely because I didn't have 20 unique photos.


"We have now become aware of the possibility of arranging the entire human environment as a work of art, as a teaching machine designed to maximize perception and to make everyday learning a process of discovery."

Quote from page 68 of McLuhan's The Medium is the Massage







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aaron's lens

Short film

How I learned to take pictures