Song by me

 Honestly, for this project, I have no idea how I would approach it. I've never made music in my life and my only experience with music of any kind (outside of listening to it) has been the piano lessons I take at Lawrence. Because of that, I eventually decided to have two components to make a simple, disoriented piece of music. I used a looped audio of a train station in London, approximately 3 seconds long. Once that was imported and looped, I added a random piano. Because I don't really have any pieces memorized, the piano is mostly random keys timed in what I think sounds good with background noise. And, as I'm sure you noticed, there's a slightly messed up version of Marry Had a Little Lamb, the one thing I can play. Overall, it was a fun project that actually made me think about how I would approach it, which ended with a combination of two random sounds, something John Cage would hopefully be proud of.

'"The highest purpose is to have no purpose at all."'

Quote from John Cage, page 119 of McLuhan's The Medium is the Massage.


https://soundcloud.com/aaron-lindeman-810714177/song?si=8a05d533302a4c6fafaf73bb10e86992&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing


Photo chosen for song cover


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aaron's lens

Short film

How I learned to take pictures